Everyone loves the elegance of a tart topped with beautiful fresh fruit. Simple to make and delicious to eat, the fruit tart is a great way to end a romantic meal. Watkins makes baking Valentine’s Day dessert easy with this recipe for Watkins Fresh Fruit Tart.
Watkins Fresh Fruit Tart
Makes 10 servings.
Vary the fruits by using whatever is on hand or in season in your area.
Pastry dough for 10-inch pie
1 package (8 oz) reduced-calorie cream cheese
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar, to taste
1-1/2 tsp Watkins Vanilla Extract
2 peaches or nectarines, thinly sliced
2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and halved
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp Watkins Orange Extract
1/2 to 1 tsp water
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Prepare dough and press onto bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges if necessary. Prick crust with fork. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and Vanilla; mix well. Spread evenly in cooked tart shell. (At this point, tart may be covered and refrigerated overnight.)
4. In large bowl, combine fruit; carefully spoon over filling.
5. In small bowl, combine honey, Orange Extract and enough water to make a glaze.
6. Brush glaze over fruit. Store in refrigerator. Remove sides of pan before serving.
Please visit www.jrwatkins.com for more information on Watkin’s products.
Public Relations Contact: Rosica Strategic Public Relations